You'll adore creating this casserole at home if you enjoyed the Ratatouille movie! Ps. If you haven't seen it, we highly suggest it!
- 1 eggplant
- 2 bell peppers (red, orange, or yellow)
- 2 zucchinis
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil , divided
- ¾ teaspoon salt,
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 tablespoon salt
- fresh basil leaves
- grated parmesan
- 1 cup Pasta Sauce
- Cut the eggplant and zucchinis into ½ inch chunks and cut the bell peppers ¾ inch squares.
- Toss the diced eggplant with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and ¼ teaspoon of salt, then arrange on a large, rimmed baking sheet in a single layer.
- Toss the bell pepper and zucchini with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and ½ teaspoon salt and arrange on a large, rimmed baking tray in a single layer.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven with the zucchini and bell pepper tray on the top shelf and the eggplant on the middle shelf.
- Cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the baking trays and stir the vegetables making sure they stay in a single layer.
- Return the veg to the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- While the veg is cooking place a large pan of water on to boil ready for the pasta.
- Remove the veg from the oven and transfer the vegetables into the pasta sauce.
- Simmer the sauce on the lowest setting while you cook your pasta.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Add pasta cooking water to thin the sauce to your desired consistency.
- Then stir in the fresh basil and check the seasoning.
- Serve garnished with basil and parmesan if desired.
Do let us know how your ratatouille turned out on @naaginsauce.