Tofu scramble is a an all-time great vegan breakfast dish similar to your regular scrambled eggs. As always, apart from the tofu, the real joy here is in experimenting with different vegetable combinations such as spinach, mushrooms, green onions and more – the possibilities are endless!
If you’re feeling adventurous or you have it handy at home, you can wrap your tofu scramble in a flour tortilla for an easy breakfast burrito.
- ½ Onion (Diced)
- ½ Green Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Block Tofu (Drained and pressed)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp Turmeric (Optional)
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 2-3 tbsp Naagin Original Hot Sauce
- Prepare the tofu by pressing it first.
- Once it’s pressed properly, slice the it into approximately one-inch cubes.
- Then using either your hands or a fork, crumble it slightly to get the consistency.
- Next, heat the oil in a large skillet or frying pan and sauté the chopped onion, pepper, and crumbled tofu for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, and soy sauce and reduce the heat down to medium. Allow it to cook 5 to 7 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Finally, add the nutritional yeast and Naagin Original Hot Sauce. Stir to it well.
PRO TIP: Serve your tofu scramble with some salsa, wrap it up in a warmed flour tortilla with a bit of salsa for a breakfast burrito, top with soy or dairy cheese, or just add some Naagin Bhoot Hot Sauce to spice it up!
If vegan food is your thing and you’d like us to feature a recipe of yours, or any home favourite that you think you’ve perfected, please don’t stop here. Share the love, share the wealth! Tell us all about it on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @naaginsauce!