Here’s something that can get the family or roommates cooking together – Spaghetti and Meatballs (x Naagin) is pretty easy to make and moves a lot faster when you’ve got help!
- 8 good-quality pork sausages
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ a large bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 85g Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve if you like
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten with a fork
- olive oil, for roasting
- spaghetti, to serve (you’ll need about 100g per portion)
- 2 tsp Naagin Bhoot Hot Sauce
- First make the meatballs. Split the skins of 8 good-quality chicken/pork sausages and squeeze out the meat into your largest mixing bowl.
- Add beef mince, finely chopped onion, large bunch flat-leaf parsley, grated Parmesan, fresh breadcrumbs, 2 beaten eggs and lots of seasoning. Get your hands in and mix together really well – the more you squeeze and mash the mince, the more tender the meatballs will be.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Roll the mince mixture into golf-ball-size meatballs. Set aside any meatballs for freezing, then spread the rest out in a large roasting tin – the meatballs will brown better if spaced out a bit.
- Drizzle with a little oil (about 1 tsp per portion), shake to coat, then roast for 20-30 mins until browned and then add Naagin Bhoot Hot Sauce. Stir in a few basil leaves, if using, spoon out any portions for freezing, then add the cooked meatballs to the pan to keep warm while you boil the spaghetti.
- Spoon the sauce and meatballs over spaghetti, or stir them all together.
Serve the spaghetti and meatballs with some extra Parmesan and a few basil leaves, if you like.