Hosting? Need to show off your cooking skills? Feeling experimental? Here’s the answer to your prayers – a tomato salsa that is chock full of fresh tomatoes and veggies and roasted to perfection? Of course you have. As always, we give you a recipe that’s super quick and easy to make!
Use substitute ingredients where anything is missing – your salsa won’t skip a beat.
- 12 large tomatoes, halved and seeded, divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, trimmed
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tsp lime zest, grated
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 6 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 12 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground chipotle pepper
- ½ tsp Naagin Bhoot Hot Sauce / Naagin Original Hot Sauce
- Tortilla chips
- Cut 6 tomatoes side down. On a baking pan, drizzle with 1 tbsp oil.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat until skin blisters for about 4 minutes.
- Cool slightly & drain well.
- In a food processor, process uncooked and roasted tomatoes in batches until chunky.
- Transfer everything to a large bowl.
- Place the cilantro, lime juice, garlic, lime zest and remaining oil in the food processor. Cover and process until blended; add to tomatoes.
- Stir in the peppers, onions, cumin, paprika, chipotle pepper, salt and Naagin Bhoot / Original Hot Sauce.
- Let it stand for 1 hour & allow the flavors to blend.
Serve tortilla chips or any other snack with your Naagin roasted tomato salsa!