- Jul 15, 2021
- 0 Comment(s)
Naagin Mexican Rice
Do you love Mexican cuisine but thought it might be a little hard to make without specialty ingredients? Think again. Restaurant-style mexican rice can easily be made right at home, and it can taste a dozen times better too when you make it your own!
This simple recipe requires just a few ingredients and is very customization-friendly. Do it your way.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup long grain rice
- 1-2 tbsp Naagin Original Hot Sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth (more if required)
- ½ cup frozen / fresh corn
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1-2 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano (Mexican Oregano if possible)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tbsp Naagin Bhoot Hot Sauce
- Heat a large pan to medium flame and coat it with olive oil.
- Add onion and jalapeno peppers and cook for 5 minutes to soften.
- Cook for another minute on adding garlic, until you can smell the yummy garlic.
- Add the rice and stir. Cook for a couple of minutes until rice turns light brown.
- Add Naagin Original Hot Sauce and broth and stir.
- Add corn, peas, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper, and Naagin Bhoot Hot Sauce. Stir and bring to boil.
NOTE: Feel free to add other seasonings that you love. Flavor it up!
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed all of the liquid and is softened to your liking. If it needs more cooking, add a bit more broth and keep it simmering until you love it.
- Remove from heat and top with coriander.
Your Naagin mexican rice is ready to be served!