Before you think twice, let us assure you that cherries are great for making barbeque sauce. An all-time classic with a bit of a twist. The use of cherry preserves also creates a fabulously sticky, sweet, and spicy glaze for grilled chicken wings!
Here’s a classic low effort, high impact recipe to make you look (and eat) like a champion!
- 12 chicken wings (about 1.5kg)
- 3 tbs oil, divided
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup cherry preserves
- 2 tbs Naagin Bhoot Hot Sauce
- 1 tbs Naagin Original Hot Sauce
- 3 tsp coarse salt, divided
- 1 tsp coarsely ground pepper, divided
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the two wing joints; discard wing tips.
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 tbs oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in vinegar, cherry preserves, Naagin Hot Sauce, 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Brush wings with remaining oil and sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Grill & cover, over medium heat 15-18 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally and brushing with glaze during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
Serve your grilled chicken wings with remaining glaze.