Here is a way to spice up your regular fried rice with some Naagin Indian Hot Sauce action! Follow the steps given below and have a scrumptious and spicy meal at the end of it.
Serves 4 as a side dish or 2 as a main entrée
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 scallions, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced
- 5 or 6 fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps finely chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 3 cups cold leftover rice
- 3 tablespoons Naagin Bhoot
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Freshly ground black or white pepper to taste
- Break up the cold cooked rice into smaller clumps.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat the base.
- Add garlic, ginger, and scallion whites and cook it for about 30 seconds, until you feel the aroma. Then, add mushrooms and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Toss in the rice and break up any remaining clumps with a spatula. Add the peas to the rice.
- Continue to stir-fry till the rice turns golden, for about 2 minutes. Stir in some Naagin Bhoot, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Sprinkle some pepper to taste.
- If you like it: In a separate pan, fry an egg to top off the fried rice. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the egg if you’d like.
- Transfer the cooked rice into the bowls, sprinkle the scallion greens on top, and it is ready to serve.