Who doesn’t love a grilled cheese? It’s one of the first things you ever learn to ‘cook’ but as you’ve figured out over the years, there’s an art to making a special grilled cheese no matter how easy the method. We think it comes down to ingredients for the most part and a little technique too.
This grilled cheese with basil & plum tomatoes is one of the best grilled cheese recipes out there, featuring tomatoes, basil, melted mozzarella, and Naagin Hot Sauce.
- 8 slices Italian bread (¾ inch thick)
- 2 large plum tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tsp of Naagin Original Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp Nagain Bhoot Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- On four slices of bread, layer mozzarella cheese and tomatoes; sprinkle with the basil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Top with the remaining bread.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, Naagin Original Hot Sauce, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder; brush over the outsides of each sandwich.
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted.
Serve with Nagain Original Hot Sauce or Naagin Bhoot Hot Sauce – whatever floats your boat. The grilled cheese is among the best hot sauce food pairings out there and the Naagin Sauce combination is a marriage in taste bud heaven.